The Museum of Delphic Festivals is housed in the home of Angelos and Eva Sikelianou, which is now a property of the European Cultural Center of Delphi.
The house was built in 1927, west of Delphi, next to the archaeological site with a view to Parnassus, the Delphi and the valley of Amfissa.
The Delphic festivals were organized for the first time in 1927, at the initiative of our great litterateur, Angelos Sikelianos and his American wife Eva Palmer-Sikelianou, making the vision of the Delphic Idea a reality and reminding everyone that Delphi is the Navel of the Earth.
The festival had drawn the global interest, gathering numerous people from the arts and the literature, journalists and politicians from all around the world.
Unfortunately, the huge cost of the festivals resulted in the bankruptcy of the Sikelianos family and they ended in 1930.
The exhibitions of the museum include photographic and printed material from the Delphic Festivals, costumes from the performances of ancient drama, the famous broadloom of Eva Sikelianou, handwritten texts from the poet and other items.
Telephone: 22650 82175