The Athenian Treasury is a small building in the form of a temple which belongs to the sanctuary of Apollo. It served the needs of the treasury of Athens, since in this small temple the trophies from important war victories of the city were kept along with other items that were dedicated to the temple.
It was located on the Sacred Way, right after its first turn to the south, next to the bouleuterion (council house) of the city of Delphi and it was built by the Athenian democracy in the late 6th or the beginnings of the 5th century B.D. It was constructed by Parian marbles in a Doric order.
The building was reconstructed by French architects in 1906 at the expense of the Municipality of Athens while some of its parts have been maintained and are exhibited in the Delphi Archaeological Museum.
Telephone: 22650 82312
Fax: 22650 82966
Using information by the Ministry of Culture