One of the most beautiful parts of Arachova, as well as the most photographed one, is its clock. Towering on the Tiria rock, it becomes even more impressive at night when it is illuminated.
Its history starts around the beginnings of the 18th century, when the clock was part of the Metropolitan Church of the Presentation of the Virgin Mary, which was destroyed by an earthquake in 1870. Upon its reconstruction, the clock took the form it has today.
During the previous years it was used as a natural refrigerator for the preservation of foods and cheeses, while during the Axis occupation of Greece it constituted a hiding place for important items of the local people of the area.